Vaccine Injuries &
Reactions from Flu Shots
Do you have a vaccine injury?
Vaccine injuries covered under the Vaccine Injury Table are eligible for compensation. SIRVA, GBS and other injuries are common in the Vaccine Court.
Vaccine injuries and reactions from flu shots
Each year, thousands of people suffer from a vaccine injury or serious medical condition following an improper administration. In fact, flu shot injuries are one of the most common types of vaccine injuries. Flu shots and other vaccines can result in shoulder injuries, known as a SIRVA injury, and various neurological conditions such as Guillain-Barre Syndrome ("GBS"), Parsonage-Turner Syndrome ("PTS"), Ulnar Neuropathy or Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy ("CIDP"). In addition, severe allergic reactions such as Anaphylaxis may occur. In these cases, the injured person may seek to recover a settlement through the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program which is a special program set up by the federal government to compensate these individuals. After Congress passed the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act in 1986, the creation of the VICP was established and placed an excise tax on each vaccine dose produced by a pharmaceutical company to subsidize the trust fund.
How the vaccine injury process works
My Vaccine Lawyer focuses almost exclusively on vaccine injury claims. Here are three important things to know about a vaccine injury claim:
- Attorney’s fees are paid by the program and the injured individual never pays any other litigation fees.
- Going to trial is rare, as many claims are settled without attending a hearing.
- All legal fees are paid through the Vaccine Injury Trust Fund.
- The majority of vaccine-related injury claims are successful. We have a 98% success rate in winning compensation for our clients through the federal program.
VAERS stands for the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System, which is a program managed by the CDC. The program processes submitted reports of vaccine injuries and adverse events from those who have been injured. It is important to note that VAERS does not diagnose those who have been injured with a vaccine injury, but rather compile data about reported adverse reactions for the CDC and the Food and Drug Administration in hopes of improving vaccine safety measures in the future. There are no restrictions to who can file a VAERS report and it is often used as supplemental evidence in vaccine cases when determining the onset of an injury or symptoms.
Types of vaccine injuries and reactions
The list below depicts some of the various injuries, illnesses, and reactions that have been linked to covered vaccines. This list is not exhaustive. Therefore, if you suffered an injury or illness after vaccination that is not contained below, you still may have a claim. The only way to be sure is to speak with one of our vaccine attorneys.
- SIRVA Injury (Shoulder Injury Related to Vaccine Administration)
- Frozen Shoulder (Adhesive Capsulitis)
- Shoulder Bursitis
- Rotator Cuff
- Shoulder Tendonitis
- Ulnar Neuropathy
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome ("GBS")
- Parsonage-Turner Syndrome ("PTS") (also known as Brachial Neuritis)
- Transverse Myelitis
- Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy ("CIDP")
- Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis ("ADEM")
Experienced vaccine injury lawyers
Throughout our tenure as the nation's premier vaccine injury firm, we have successfully represented thousands of clients across the country. Our team of attorneys are able to represent clients in all 50 states in the Court of Federal Claims before a Special Master. We feel that we owe it to our clients to be fully invested into practicing these specific injury claims full time against the Department of Health and Human Services. Our lawyers pride themselves on being completely accessible, separating us from other law firms. Remember, your representation comes at absolutely no cost to you. Here's a few of our most recent vaccine injury settlements:
What to do if you suffer from a vaccine injury
If you or someone you know may be the victim of a vaccine injury, call the attorneys at My Vaccine Lawyer for a free consultation. Our attorneys are experienced and dedicated to representing victims of vaccine injuries and reactions throughout the country. We have won millions of dollars for vaccine injury cases ranging from Guillain-Barré Syndrome, a severe allergic reaction to the influenza vaccine, Transverse Myelitis, a range of negative side effects after an MMR vaccine, and many other adverse reactions.
- Call a doctor as soon as possible as some vaccine reactions can be life-threatening if left untreated and in rare cases, result in death;
- After any reaction, tell your doctor what happened, when it happened, and where the vaccination was given;
- Ask your doctor to file a Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System ("VAERS") form or call at 1 (800) 822 - 7967;
- Contact us to learn about compensation from the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program.
Vaccine injury news
- The Washington Post - Mr. Brazil was featured in an October 2015 article by the Washington Post regarding the vulnerability of older Americans to shoulder injuries from vaccinations
- NBC10 Philadelphia - George Spencer of NBC10 Philly Investigators interviewed My Vaccine Lawyer's co-founding partner and Pennsylvania SuperLawyer Max Muller for a report on a SIRVA injury from vaccine administrations
- NBC4 Washington - Jodie Fleischer of the News4 I-Team from Washington, D.C., spoke with My Vaccine Lawyer Paul Brazil about the frequency of incorrect vaccine administration and SIRVA injuries
- CBS3 Philadelphia - Paul Brazil spoke with Stephanie Stahl of KYW Eyewitness News on their Health Watch Investigation segment about shoulder injuries resulting from vaccine administration ("SIRVA")
- News4 I-Team - Paul Brazil of My Vaccine Lawyer discusses the recent Zostavax lawsuit and what it means for those who have been injured looking to file a claim in the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program
- NBC10 Philadelphia - My Vaccine Lawyer Amy Senerth discusses the current Zostavax lawsuit against the shingles vaccine manufacturer, Merck. Amy and Denise discusses the rapid increase of injury complaints from recipients across the country
Page last reviewed and updated: January 7, 2021
Vaccine Injury? Don't worry, we're here to help.
Everything comes at no cost to you.